A Step-By-Step Approach To Using Podcasting With Your Students
What is podcasting, how do you create podcasts, and how can they be used in the music classroom?
This session introduces the concepts behind podcasting, covering the 5 Easy Steps to Create a Podcast from planning to publishing.
We’ll discuss podcasts with different aims:
- student-created podcasts as a way to present assessable material
- teacher-created podcasts as a revision tool for students
- podcasts as a source of free professional learning
Attendees will create their very own podcast to take home.
Skills covered in this workshop:
- how to prepare your podcast: research, scripting and gathering content
- how to record narration
- editing audio (remove “ums”, “ahs” and other mistakes)
- what ducking is and when to use it
- adding new tracks
- adding intro and outro music
- creating fade-ins and fade-outs
- using sound effects
- export your podcast as a WAVE or MP3 file
- how to publish your podcast
We’ll also examine podcasting resources and talk about practical classroom applications and lesson plan ideas. The session will include examples of student podcasts and professionally-produced content.
Software Options For This Workshop
- Acid Music Studio/Pro (PC)
- Mixcraft (PC)
- Garageband (Mac)
- Audacity (Mac and PC)
Suitable for students in Years 5 – 12. May also be adapted for younger students.
I’m interested in this workshop. What’s next?
Contact Katie to arrange a workshop at your school (or other location):
Arrange a workshop at your school
Check the Upcoming Events
page for scheduled public workshops:
Upcoming Events calendar