Interactive Whiteboards In The Music Classroom
Tuesday 27 March 2012, 9.30am-3.30pm
Assisi Catholic College, Upper Coomera, QLD
Interactive whiteboards (IWBs) have become a permanent fixture in many music classrooms, and can be a great tool for making music literacy and performance fun and engaging. They are part-regular whiteboard, part-projector screen and part-multimedia tool all rolled into one.
This session will explore ways in which you can enhance your delivery of music content to students by integrating audio, notation, video and animation. Learn how to adapt and rethink your current activities without having to re-write your curriculum. Discover why it’s not about finding a one-size-fits-all software program and why IWBs are not just for showing Youtube videos.
During the session we’ll talk about effective (and fun!) ways to use your IWB for:
- Teaching music literacy skills
- Delivery of aural training exercises
- Creating a bank of learning resources that can be used many times across multiple classes
- Recording student performances
- Enhancing listening classes
- Creating soundscapes, arrangements or compositions
- Effective class ensemble performances
We will also look at a range of software solutions (many of them free) which work well on IWBs as well as regular data projectors. Lastly, we’ll explore freely-available interactive websites and ready-made music lesson plans for your IWB software.
The session is suitable for primary and secondary teachers and beginners and technophobes are welcome.
Participants will receive full session notes, website links and other resources, as well as a certificate of attendance.
Tuesday 27 March, 2012
Assisi Catholic College
173 Billinghusrt Crescent
Upper Coomera, QLD
$150 for the full-day workshop
What you will need to bring
1. Your laptop
2. A mouse
3. Your interactive whiteboard software installed on your laptop ahead of the workshop (i.e. Notebook software for the Smartboard, or ActiveInspire for Promethean). If you don’t have any IWB software installed on your laptop (check with your school IT person), please install the Notebook software demo from the Smartboard website before the workshop.